Development of Web FTIS Versions 2009 and 2010
This project is the third since the conversion of Florida Transit Information System (FTIS) to the web platform. The first scope led to the completion of the first release of the web version of FTIS in early 2007. The release included most of the basic functions of INTDAS and FTGIS. The second scope covered additional functions in addition to miscellaneous other data integration and maintenance tasks. One notable accomplishment in the second scope involved the re-design of the INTDAS database and query method, which greatly improved the system performance through improved data retrieval time and better memory management. Also accomplished was the conversion of FTGIS from ArcGIS Server version 9.1 to version 9.2 to take advantage of the many advanced navigation features available in the new version. Both of these improvements, while not included in the scope, have proved to be worthy of effort as the systems are now fast and stable. However, both improvements also took away some of the development time needed to complete some of the tasks in the second scope. The purpose of this third project is to complete the remaining tasks from the previous scope and to continue to develop and maintain the web version of INTDAS and FTGIS. Specifically, this scope aims to achieve the following main objectives:
- Complete the remaining tasks from the second-year scope.
- Update INTDAS to include the complete 2007 NTD data.
- Update an annual summary spreadsheet for key variables.
- Develop functions to automatically convert and integrate monthly NTD data.
- Develop additional functions for INTDAS and FTGIS.
- Perform various maintenance tasks, including updating the website, providing technical support to users, updating on-line help facilities, etc.